Friday, July 13, 2012

Learning Akali: Games 1-5


I seem to be leading out of the gate with a normal win/loss ratio (3 wins, 2 losses), compared to my first five games with Ahri (1 win, 4 losses). Strangely, Akali seems to be a bit harder to play. I faceroll on the keyboard and hope at least one enemy explodes before my screen goes gray.

And Akali doesn't seem to do well bot. Which means I've gone bot twice and I feel a bit lost and vulnerable and oh so squishy. Seriously, I fly at a Singed on my turret and I swear he doesn't even feel the weight of me on his backpack.

Like this. Also, I can't draw.

I've been starting with Sheen and three health pots. It means I'm a bit slow if I'm going top, so if possible I call mid and show up in time to do some cleanup. And since I have Revive, I can do cleanup twice since most people at my level of play don't take Revive.

On the other hand, if I'm bot, it's pretty bad. I've been against a Singed and a Mordekaiser (in separate games) and both times my team kept having to come save my scrawny ass.

However, there appears to be no way around it -- someone has to go bot, and in Solo Queue, it's bound to be me at least part of the time. But even if I'm not bot, I feel like it's all going to pot down there since I'm not being Yorick and whacking people with my shovel.

Bot with Yorick or Soraka was safe. I could be confident in doing a damn good job. Even with Ahri, I could still make do with the hands dealt me.

But I'll never learn if I don't venture out of my comfort zone, will I?



No comments:

Post a Comment